Monday, July 03, 2006

My Short Hiatus Explained

It has been difficult this summer to do many of the things that I have vowed to do because of outside stuff, some of which has been worthwhile, some of which has not. In spite of everything, I have managed to eat better, exercise almost every day, and write almost every day (mostly on this blog).

The reason I haven't written anything here for the past four days has been because I have been working on a short story and trying to get it finished in time for the writers' conference that's coming up.

I had one in the can from a while back, but decided that I should come up with something new. It started out to be very short, but, after working on it, it has grown to almost 13 pages.

I haven't written much short fiction. I didn't used to think I had any ideas. Recently, I have discovered that our memories are our ideas. We all have stories to tell.

Anyway, that's about as much writing about writing as I can do. I'll probably either post what I've got here or send it to those of you who might want to see it.

4 comments:

Donita Curioso said...

Oh, yes, please.

Howlin' Hobbit said...

I'd love to see you post it. Wait 'til you do whatever re-writes you come up with at the writers weekend and put it up in sections if you think it'd be too long for one post.

My $0.02.

Billy Canary said...

A short hiatus is nothing to be ashamed of.

Jim said...

Unless it herniates, of course.