Thursday, December 25, 2008

Things I Saw This Christmas

A guy standing out in the rain on a traffic island on Mission Blvd. holding assign pointing out his taco shop, which was open for business.

A homeless guy standing in the rain on a freeway off ramp holding a sign wishing everyone a merry Christmas. He was scowling at the passing cars and shouting profanities.

A couple visiting Mama Canary's new assisted living facility with three dogs on a leash.

My DVD of the Soweto Gospel Choir.

Some people from either the coroner's office or a funeral home removing someone in a body bag as Mama C and I left to go catch a movie.

Doubt. The movie. See it.

After the film, in the men's room, a guy standing at the urinal next me missing--basically peeing on the floor without bothering to correct himself.

Two colleagues of mine (actually, one is now a former colleague) who met at my school, fell in love, and got married.

A huge woman at El Torito who not only talked with her mouth full, but sometimes had food hanging out of it.

The Christmas lights up and down the Wood streets while Christmas music played on the radio.

An ambulance in my rear view window.

No comments: