Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas

Merry Christmas. Technically, it's the day after Christmas. My brother's family gave me a collection of poems of Rumi. I like his poetry quite a bit. Or should I say the translations of his poetry that I have read.

The title of the book is A Year with Rumi. Since Rumi has been dead for a few centuries now, you can't take the title literally. The book is arranged with one poem per day.

The poem for December 25th:

The Population of the World

Christ is the population of the world,
and every object as well. There is no room
for hypocrisy. Why use bitter soup for healing,
when sweet water is everywhere?


Discuss.

3 comments:

sitsonchair said...

Amen and Merry Christmas!!

vivage said...

Glad you liked the book. When I saw it I knew it was a book for you.

Jim said...

Technically, It's the friggin' 10th of January! It seems like there must be a January blogging lull (except for SIL Viv)!

We're trying to decide what to play at open mic this month...

Now I just gotta get around to posting to MY blog... ;->