Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Jim

Donita's Blog isn't up to date as of this posting, but you can go there to get the details of what happened. Her husband, Jim, had a bad stroke Sunday night and it looks like he won't make it.

This is one of those times where you search for the words that make sense. The wise realize that there are no words.

Donita called me with the update, after a more positive call on Monday.

Jim is one of those people who has this sweet nature and you just wouldn't want anything for him but a long, happy life. He is one of those rare individuals who is possessed by his music. When he plays his keyboard, he becomes the music and he seems to be able to fill in on anything you throw at him. He and Donita are two people who together are a vortex of creative passion.

I love them both and, as is my nature, I hold on to hope, but it looks very bad right now.

Just love your life people. Love your life. Each day is a gift.

2 comments:

vivage said...

Yep, on all counts.

Donita Curioso said...

Friends like you two are a gift. Thank you for holding me last night and tonight.

Yep, there's no one like Jim. I wish everyone in the world could have heard him play.

Thanks, you guys. I love you very much.