Thursday, March 01, 2007

Rio Nada Ukulele Liberation Front

This Sunday, Billy C and I are hosting Rio Nada's first ukulele circle. At least that I know of. I've sent out e-mails to parties I thought would be interested and he forwarded each of them to parties he thought would be interested. There are eight to ten people we know of who could show.

My plan is to run off some simple songs that we can all play together. I've asked everyone to bing a three-ring binder in which to put the songs. We're going to number them and call it our "Hymnal." Each week, ukesters will be free to bring new songs to add to it.

At this meeting, we willcollect e-mail addresses and names and the like and get it set up.

This week, I talked to UF at school and he said that word might have gotten around to even more people than I was aware of. So, it could be a bigger group than I had anticipated.

Anyway, I'm excited about this.

3 comments:

vivage said...

Wow, two posts in one day! You're on a roll (a kaiser I think).

So are we doing the birthday thing this Sunday? I see you didn't mention my singing Happy Birthday post to you, I must have sounded too pitchy or hit some sour notes or something eh? Maybe I'll try to learn uke and learn how to play the birthday song for next year. Cuz it would probably take me a year to learn how to play!

Donita Curioso said...

I'm really looking forward to Sunday. Got some songs I'm messin' with. Bought my binder today.

Donita Curioso said...

Rio Nada would be a good name for a band.