Sunday, March 18, 2007

Riverside Ukulele Liberation Front's Next Meeting

This is no joke! Don’t forget! The second convening of the Riverside Ukulele Freedom Front will take place on April Fool’s Day from 1 PM to 3 PM in the Gallery (i.e. basement) of Back to the Grind, located at 3575 University Avenue in Riverside, California.

Proposed Hidden Agenda:

12:49--1:00 Arrival of Dignitaries on Red Carpet
1:00--1:01 Tuning and facial exercises
1:01--1:03 Opening beffudlement
1:03--1:05 Return to decorum
1:05--2:59 Make beautiful music together
2:59--3:00 Closing Pie Fight

Bring your ukes, your music stands, a thirst for froo-froo caffeinated beverages, AND a song that you have been working on and/or a song that you would like to add to the RULF Hymnal.

In honor of the holiday, a silly hat would also be appropriate.

See you there!

14 comments:

Donita Curioso said...

I have a very silly hat but I'm not going to wear it. I'll wear my slightly less silly hat.

When people say "make beautiful music together" they're usually talking about someting else. I hope we're going to actually make beautiful music because there will be kids there and I barely know most of those people.

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

That, and we'll need more women. And fewer relations, in my case.

vivage said...

You mean the uke circle is a front for "making beautiful music" together?

OMG, and I send my under 18 children to the circle.

Donita Curioso said...

BABoR- What do you mean? I think the ratio is just fine. Stop trying to micro-manage everything. Jeez!

Virginia- Hmmm, maybe one of these times everybody can leave their kids at home and we could all learn some dirty songs. I know a few.

vivage said...

Ah, I can let my almost 18 yo hear a dirty ditty or two and I'm not really a member so go ahead with the dirty ditties. Just plug young Liam's tender ears.

Maybe Babor can up the ratio by telling thw women folk he'll show them his big uke?

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

But seriously folk, I have a slightly off-color Woody Guthrie thing I'd like to try, but am not sure about the kid and his mom who come and how they'll react. I mean, she's a college professor and all--but what're her boundries dirty ditty-wise?

Donita Curioso said...

Well, you could ask her.

Virginia- I'm thinking of all kinds of comments to respond to your big uke comment but I just can't bring myself to write them. Sometimes the holes I dig for myself are just too deep. It's best to just walk away.

vivage said...

Babor, I'll bet she's be ok with them but you could always show her the lyrics & tell her your concern. She'd probably appreciate that.

Donita, You have more restraint than I. LOL.

Donita Curioso said...

Jes tryin' to stay out of trouble.

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

I've got some lyrcs I'd like t show her alright.

Donita Curioso said...

Show 'em to her real good. Make her scream for mercy.

Donita Curioso said...

(yawn) Every time I come here it's the same old thing.

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

That's what SHE said.

Donita Curioso said...

Well.... oh, never mind.