Wednesday, August 31, 2005

foremneyxvnv

I get most of my uke practice in at school these days, mostly during passing periods. I even have several student groupies who make it a point to get to class on time and dance to my fab uke stylings. Not to mention that students from last year drop by to request my greatest hits. I actually throw myself into these moments. I actually move more rhythmically to the music, creating the illusion of actually being talented.

Some students actually ask me to show them how to play then and there, as if playing the ukulele were easy.

Hey, I guess it kinda is. But, it IS difficult to play WELL. But one can actually achieve the intermediate level with a few simple chords played with finesse.

Today, the students worked in collaborative groups. As they did so, I wandered around the room, alternating between soft and slow tunes and faster,edgier tunes. I don't sing, because that would be distracting.

A couple of students picked up my spares and noodled with them as they did the work. This would never have happened if I played the saxophone.

4 comments:

vivage said...

Nuffy wrote: * I actually move more rhythmically to the music, creating the illusion of actually being talented.*

Now thats an illusion, that movement creates the illusion of being talented. Ain't no way in hell that anyone would hang around a uke player if they weren't talented no matter how much they move. Really.

So admit it, you've got talent in the uke music.

Donita Curioso said...

What she said.

Hello from Texas! I'm coming home Tuesday. Wanna walk on Thursday?

Jim said...

foremneyxvnv???

I think you exude an aura of musicianship, rhythmic movement or not. You're very good at exuding! ;->
(seriously, I think you're getting pretty darned good!)

Walk thursday? Mebbe!

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

Getting? As far as I know, I'm walking Thursday.