Thursday, August 25, 2005

San Diego Uke Fest 2

I'm considering going to the 2nd Annual San Diego Ukulele Festival. My friend and colleague UF is conducting a workshop on song-writing and just being around ukuleles makes me a little happier. These days, it takes a lot to cheer me up.

We both went last year and it left something to be desired. The music was good and what I saw of the workshops was good, but the lady who ran it gave me the willies. I wondered whether she actually ever played a ukulele. Her presence was just too intrusive and she had all of theses paintings she had created that had ukuleles in them-huge price tags. And the paintings were bad.

But, like I said, the music was good. Bill Tapia and Lyle Ritz did a duet performance. There was also a Hawaiian slack key guy who performed. I didn't attend any workshops. But I listened a lot.

I went to the last two Cerritos Uke Fests and the improvement from one year to the next was impressive. So, maybe SD Uke Fest will show similar growth.

I'll let you know.

3 comments:

vivage said...

Go to the fest, sink into the strumming and get that blood pressure down from all the stress.

Have fun.

Donita Curioso said...

Ditto that. When is it?

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

tomorrow