Monday, June 20, 2005

Still Here

I haven't posted anything here for awhile, but I have been writing a lot. Mostly, I have been working on pieces to take to the upcoming Taos Summer Writers' Conference. Participants in my workshop are supposed to submit a sample of their writing to the workshop leader. I just e-mailed mine.

I have written drafts of three short stories since checking out of school last week. One was about a drum circle, the other was about a memorial service I took my mother to, and the last-the one I sent to the workshop leader-is about an open mike at a nearby folk music store and museum.

I had planned to post it here, but it is 8 1/2 pages long (or 2400 words) and 7/9's of you have already read it. I might post the final draft when I feel like it is actually a final draft.

I haven't written much fiction, so I am exploring new territory here.

I have already been writing most of the morning, so I think I'll take a break. But you'll hear from me later.

1 comment:

vivage said...

Wow 2 posts in one day and I saw you twice this very same day.

Story was good, will be interested in hearing what the feedback was from the workshop.