Sunday, April 30, 2006

The Canaries Rehearse

After dinner tonight, we headed back to Mama C's assisted living apartment and rehearsed "I Shall Be Released" by Bro Bob. Blowhard (the nickname comes from his angelic abilities on the harmonica) C played his guitar, while Billy C played baritone uke and I played my fluke. We each took a verse and harmonized on the chorus, With Blowhard taking melody, Billy C taking tenor, and me singing baritone. Sounded sweet. There was a moment when it looked like we might start on another song, I think "Positively 4th Street," but I asked that we rehearse "I Shall Be Released again." I wanted us to come a little closer to nailing it than we had. Billy and Blowhard had a little more practice on it than I had, so I needed to go over it a few times. So, if we appear as the Canaries again, that will be one of the songs.

1 comment:

Jim said...

I hope you guys appear as the Canaries again! Although your solo appearances really highlight each of your skills, that Canary Magic really shines in the ensemble!

I Shall Be Released is a great song. I've only ever heard The Band's "Big Pink" version, though.