Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Last Night of Class from Hell

I took a celebratory-late night walk up Mt. Rub tonight. I started pretty late, about 7:10 PM. But I had to exercise the polluted feeling I had from taking this damn class on English Language Development. God, it was horrible. And I'm not sure that anyone became a better teacher for it.

So, I'm done.

The walk did me good. It was around 8 when I wound around the mountain and started downhill, so I got to see the city at dusk and the clouds that blew in overhead as the wind swept around me and my fellow hikers.

I'm walking at a pretty brisk pace these days, when I walk alone. I might walk a little slower when walking with Do, but that's because we talk and talking slows one down. When I'm alone, I get going pretty fast. I'm going to try to walk every night this week.

3 comments:

Donita Curioso said...

Whew! I'm glad you're finally finished with that class.

You can drag me up the hill tomorrow. I've missed 5 days. I'm glad we're going later. I think I do better in the evening.

I'm glad you're getting faster. It motivates me to catch up.

Howlin' Hobbit said...

I've taken to doing little urban walks (I live right smack in downtown Seattle).

Sometimes I stroll along at a gentle amble, puffing happily on a cheap stogie, sometimes I cook right along (especially if I've got a lot on my mind).

I used this little Web 2.0 app to plot a one mile route and then add blocks as the mood takes me.

Sometimes my Fallen Angel joins me on the treks. They're slower that way but I love her company.

HH

Billy Canary said...

Gimme a ringy dingy tonite. I'll put along with you two jackalopes. Pending any taxi service I might need to provide for the kids. We should have sold them to the circus when we had the chance.