Sunday, October 16, 2005

Another Soul Seduced by the Dark Side

I've been acting as a co-facilitator at this weekend Professional Development Institute for teachers in Palm Springs. A month ago, at the first meeting, my co-teacher and I presented a unit plan that we use. At the beginning, I played my uke, as I do before class at school.

Yesterday, we had our second meeting. This guy who's in my breakout group told me that my performance had inspired him to go out and get his own uke and that he now carried it around with him, playing for his students.

Our numbers are growing.

5 comments:

Donita Curioso said...

You guys have a special handshake?

Billy Canary said...

DON'T TELL THE WIMMIN FOLK THE HANDSHAKE!!!!!

Donita Curioso said...

No, don't tell me.

Show me.

vivage said...

Donita, I beg you not to go there. You'll be sorry.

I don't wanna know, I don't wanna see, in fact I'm going to forget this whole conversation.

Donita Curioso said...

Well, you know them better than I do. Still, I'm intrigued.