Friday, October 07, 2005

Squeaky Clean

After my sigmoidoscopy, where the reader will remember the doctor found a polyp in my sigmoid, and after not receiving any urgent phone calls summoning me to the hospital for an emergency cancer surgery, nor receiving any postcard with the results, I lived under the assumption that it was over for the next few years.

Then, two months later, while visiting my doctor on another matter, I was told that I had indeed been referred for a colonoscopy. "Yeah," the doc told me, "That's one flaw in the system. It takes a long time for these referrals to go through." So two months later, I get an appointment for the procedure.

I'll skip the grody details and just say that I came out of it clean.

6 comments:

Billy Canary said...

So, if the sigmoidoscopy was like the Peter Pan ride, what was the colonoscopy like? It's a Small World? The Jungle Cruise? Winnie the Pooh?

Billy Canary said...

Rocket to the Moon?

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

A new ride: Journey to the Center of the Earth.

Donita Curioso said...

Oh sure, it's all about you.

Billy Canary said...

No! It's the new Orange County funded George Bush ride called "Maybe the WMDs Are in Here?!" in which park guests will ride a wacky talking Hummer on a raucus romp thru the innermost workings of Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection in search of those zany yet loveable weapons of mass destruction. But they don't find shit.

Donita Curioso said...

But they do find a ukulele.