Saturday, January 17, 2009

Where Jaysus Flang It

I think this may be a good euphemism for dying. Lately I have been referring to people who have "passed," because it sounds so much gentler than saying "he died." But to say that he or she passed describes few of the deaths I know of, because they were either sudden and chaotic or long and drawn out and probably painful.

So I think from now on I am going to say of the recently departed, "they went where Jaysus flang 'em." Special thanks to Howlin' Hobbit for the turn of phrase. I'd send you some cheese, but I'm broke right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I got that from my grandma (the one from the hollers of Tennessee) in one of her rare whimsical moments.

But it's been so long that I could be misremembering entirely.

The original quote (wherever it came from) was: "Jes' let it lay where Jaysus flang it."

Don't worry about the cheese. Send tobacco. I'm so broke I spent all day yesterday smoking re-rolls. Luckily I work today or I'd probably end up with a really prime nic fit by this evening.

VO said...

I can just imagine the ensuing conversation between you and your mom when you tell her "Ummm mom...I have to tell you Betty landed where Jaysus flang her."

Will you videotape that convo? I will not be able to watch it in person.