Friday, April 08, 2005

Circadian Dysrhythma

I like Daylight savings, even though I'm convinced that I never really gain that one lost hour of sleep back. In fact, during the school year, my body clock keeps encouraging me to stay up late and enjoy the night. Problem is, I have natural vampire-esque tendencies that make me want to stay up.

I am a night person. At night, I do my best thinking. Since it gets dark so much later, I await the night and am afraid that I won't get enough of it. The night is a meditation. The day, a revelation. I guess I just prefer the meditation.

More to come later this weekend. I will try to make up for the lack of posts this week. I hope to tell of my meeting with an old, old friend and my walk up Mt. Rubidioux. And, of course, those CD reviews.

Until then, get out your ukuleles and amuse yourselves.

1 comment:

Donita Curioso said...

I'm always glad when daylight savings rolls around. Parties start earlier and last longer. People are in the mood to play. Barbeques get fired up.

Talk about circadian dysrhythmia, Jim and I are waaaay off. He konks out at 9:00 and wakes up at 5, sometimes earlier. I'm always up until midnight and wake up at 8.

I think that got started because when the girls were little, night time was my only time alone. I could get wrapped up in some art project or just do some quiet vegging. I do enjoy being able to be alone with my thoughts.

Now I'm waiting for the warm weather so I can be outside late at night. I love that.